Monday, June 23, 2008

A Peaceful walk

Beginning the day the right way can make you feel so energetic, a bowl of fruit with breakfast, then out the door and down the hill to raise the heart rate. Walking......there are so many more things to notice when your feet are hitting the pavement and not pushing on the gas petal: Aspen leaves blowing the in wind, Bluebells scattered on the side of the road, the casual wave of a stranger winding down the curving road, dragonflies darting about, the crunch of the gravel under foot, or the puffy clouded sky filled with creatures just waiting to the discovered. A walk is always a delight for the senses. Sense I like this definition from my MacBook ( sense of) a keen intuitive awareness of or sensitivity to the presence or importance of something. While strolling down Rosie Creek these are just a few of the delights that that my senses encountereredI thought this was Dwarf Fireweed, but after looking at a picture I'm not sure. Any hints? But the following picture I recognize well and was happy to see the first of it's kind as I kicked up my step.
Fireweed (Common Fireweed) Epilobium angustifolium many say that when this flower has bloomed all the way to the top summer has ended. I was glad to see it's colorful blooms greet me as I rambled on down the road......but it also means you better get out and enjoy this beautiful Alaskan summer while it lasts. Tt is after all, after Solstice, and we are on the down side.

No comments: